Updated 8:17AM EST
Just wanted to write something really quickly with my thoughts going into the last couple hours of tinkering with my lineups. I am entering a few entries into the $250 Online Fantasy Championship for NFL, so I must get these plays correct!
Update 8:39AM EST
- Sterling Shepard is unlikely to play.
- Amari Cooper, if he does play will likely be on a snap count and monitored closely. This is good for Crabtree owners.
Update 9:38AM EST
- Sterling Shepard is now 50/50 to play, more on the likely side and should be “good-to-go.”
- Ameer Abdullah is good to go, but being benched. Fire up the Riddick Shares.
- First thing I am looking at is going to be Josh Gordon, and the weather that surrounds this game. Currently we have 15-20 mph winds and really really cold, freezing weather. Deshone Kizer is a mediocre at best quarterback and I am not sure he is going to be able to get the ball to Gordon efficiently which could really limit his upside. In the beginning of the week I had close to 80% Gordon, now I’m thinking around 25% for me. If the weather gets a little better, he is in play everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, I love the kid and want him to succeed in the NFL, but with the mediocrity that surrounds him, that is hard to do.
- Just throwing this in here. Gio is still a 100% owned play for me. Don’t over think this.
- Tyrod Taylor, still questionable, most of the plays in this game reside on the availability to him. If he is a go, he is usable. If not whole game fade in effect.
- Still love Jimmy G at QB, but really thinking of either sticking to Smith of Stafford.
- Which brings me to the Stafford question… If he plays, he is 100% in play and may be the best QB option on the slate.
- I really liked Stephan Anderson at TE this week, but Fuller coming back and possibly running some routes from the slot where Anderson received multiple targets last week scares me. I don’t know if I can play him in cash as I am already going to be playing Deandre Hopkins in all of my lineups.
- Fire up the Lamar Miller shares, with Ellington out, he will receive some more targets and have a nice bulk of carries. Savage/Hopkins/Miller stack 100% in play.
- Still waiting on the Cooper news, earlier I felt that he wouldn’t play, but now I am getting the feeling he is going to play. I am really really hoping Cooper is a no go, so I can confidently fire up Crabtree in this insanely easy matchup.
- Will the Chiefs Offense be ran in the same fashion they were last week? I hope so and if so, give me all the chiefs shares I can get. Smith, Hill, Kelce!!! Fire em’ up! Sorry Kareem, you are on the shit list, and I don’t see you playable for the foreseeable future in cash games, but definitely a SNEAKY PLAY in GPP entries, as we have seen his upside before.
- Ameer Abdullah was questionable, then ready to play and now may be getting benched, which 100% puts Theo Riddick in play as a good play on both sites, but an even better play on DK.
- Sterling Shepherd is still questionable but has practiced the last few days. I think he goes, and is Eli’s go-to guy in this match-up in both deeper and short, slot routes. Fire him up in this easy matchup.
- I still can’t decide if the Jags/Seahawks game is going to be 13-10 or 30-27… You choose, if you think its low, play the defenses, if you think there is a lot of scoring. Wilson/Davis/Baldwin/Graham are in play on the Seahawks side while Bortles/Lee/Fournette are in play as well.
- Zach Ertz is doubtful, which means the crowd will flock to the Burton cash game play at TE for them. For me, I’m good, he had a 70% snap share, while running 19 routes, with four targets. He happened to score… I don’t care, he is not in play for me with many better options available (Anderson at 4.5K as well).
- Still waiting to see if Josh Norman will shadow Allen, if he does Allen’s stock goes down very slightly, but nothing crazy. Really hard to fade a guy with the craziest three game stretch of numbers we have seen in a LONG LONG TIME.
That is it for now, I will update as the morning come along with more news and information.
As always I am free to answer questions and daily/season-long fantasy advice on Twitter,